Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tot School: Sept. 20-24

We start off every day singing our calendar song. Here she is singing "There are seven days, there are seven days, there are seven days in a week.."


Big sis was learning about the letter T this week, so DD tagged along. Here I modified an activity so that she could do it. I let her use Do-a-Dot marker to decorate her tooth. Notice she did not use a light hand this time. Splatter was everywhere! Oh the joys of letting your child be creative.


Yep, that would be marker on her face too. This happens frequently. :)

Oh wait, more Do-A-Dot! Yes, I even let her do this activity a second time, and a third....  She asks to do this every day.

I love this picture. This particular morning DD took learning into her own hands. I was working on a project where I had to cut and paper clip lots of things together. Well she wanted to help me. So in order to keep her occupied, I let her. She dumped out the whole container of paper clips. Then she started to notice something. The paper clips were sticking to the bottom of the container! She was beyond thrilled at this discovery. She kept pulling the clips off and then sticking the container over the pile of paper clips. This kept her busy for quite awhile. It warmed my heart to see her make this discovery.

 She also had fun playing and experimenting with Playdough.

And here's another one of my favorite pictures of the week. Love her little puckered lips. :)

To see more Tot School Ideas visit:

Tot School

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Gibson said...

I love the pic of her singing ~ so sweet! Love her discovery with the paper clips too ~ sometimes learning alongside Mommy can be the best! =)

September 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I miss your little tots! I need to come over there and eat them up ... Christine

September 26, 2010 at 7:29 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

My tot likes that song too!

September 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Goat Gal said...

I love it when they learn on their own. It's so much fun.

September 27, 2010 at 1:34 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love her cheecks!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger Jada Rocks said...

Look at those cheekies:) New follower! great printables....I downloaded your continents printable and your workbox printables thanks so much! I'm sure I'll be back for more!

September 28, 2010 at 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home