Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Little of This and That

This post is going to be a bit random....

It's been a busy but good week at the Spell household. We started back with our full school load this week and it's been an adjustment for a couple of my kids. :) Things have gone well overall. I think the schedule we have will work this year(well we'll see after the baby is born--lol). The only thing I have found that I need is another one of me. It's been a big balancing act to stay on schedule with the older kids, work with the younger kids and also try to semi-keep-up with housework, cooking and laundry. It's working for now (well I've kind of ditched the housework/laundry at the moment) but I'm a little nervous for how well things will flow once the baby is born. My last one was a pretty needy newborn and I didn't even feel functional until after 2 months. The previous one fit in like a breeze and I was back to doing things the week after she was born. So I'm praying that this little one will be more like her 3yr. old sister was. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This week at The Homeschool Village the topic was: Rules and Discipline.

I'm on the Homeschool Village panel, and when I was thinking about this question, I realized that we never put our rules in writing. Since this was our 2nd week of school, I thought it was perfect timing to remind my children what I expect of them.

"Maureen ~ Our rules:
1. Try your hardest: Colossians 3:23
Basically don't try to do the minimum just to say your work is done. Don't give up because a task seems too hard. Work at it as if you were working for the Lord, not Mom.

2. Stay on Task.
Pretty self-explanatory. A couple of mine really need to work on this---lol.

3. Be teachable--willing to learn."
Don't shut down because you think there is no way you can learn. Don't think you know it all and don't need to listen and learn. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's almost time for the Homeschool Blog awards! It was an honor to be nominated last year and I'm starting to look through my blog reader and find blogs to nominate. The problem is there are too many wonderful blogs out there that I want to nominate them all! Check out the link below to see the rules, categories and prizes that will be given away.


Join Me at The Homeschool Post!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 I've got several things to share about bees---hopefully tomorrow or Saturday. Stay tuned!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Love your rules and your scripture to support it!

September 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM  
Blogger Deb Chitwood said...

That’s a great set of rules! I often found it best to praise my children for working hard rather than focusing on the end results. And your rules are ones that will bring about hard work – and good results! Wishing you blessings for your new homeschool year and when your baby is born.

http://LivingMontessoriNow.com

September 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I can totally relate to your week! and the new baby balancing act! ;)
Hang in there. Do u know yet if its a boy or girl?

September 17, 2010 at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home