Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tot School 8/30 - 9/3 (24mo)

We are still slowly starting to get a little more formal with Tot School. I've been winging it lately since I haven't had time to plan yet (ok, who am I kidding---I usually wing it!) I've been pulling ideas from my Toddler Activities online list to help jog my memory for ideas.


DD is now 2yrs. old! She joined in on calendar time with 3 1/2 yr. old sister. She likes to stick the numbers on the velcro and knock all of the numbers out of the pocket chart :) I'm not expecting her to learn the days of the week or the months, but she likes to sing and help us with the numbers. So whatever soaks in, soaks in :)

Once again she did lots of drawings. I pulled out the chalkboard for her this week. She had more fun erasing everything. That fascinated her.


She has been having so much fun playing and pretending with her sisters. Her oldest sister dressed her up and they were playing Bible characters. She was pretending to be Mary. She also has been doing lots of pretend playing with her 3 1/2 yr. old sister. They take care of their baby dolls, go grocery shopping and play doctor. I love to watch them use their imaginations!

Books We Read This Week:

Special Times Bible Rhymes for Toddlers
The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle
Bingo by Rosemary Wells
The Itsy Bitsy Spider by Rosemary Wells

For more Tot School Ideas be sure to check out the Blog Hop at:

Tot School

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

I totally wing it too. I'm often in the school room early Monday morning, throwing things onto tot trays. LOL Whenever I take time and plan, what I think are, great activities she won't touch them. She likes the last minute stuff best.

She'll probably hate everything this week because I've been planning. LOL

September 5, 2010 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger Carissa Blanchard said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! So happy to "meet" you!

I never plan! I have to plan my big kids and that takes all my energy! Laffy Taffy always seems to know what he wants to do anyway! lol

September 5, 2010 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you are having a great holiday weekend! I love the pretend play. What fun!

September 5, 2010 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi there!

Visiting you from the Tot School link up!

I LOVE your little one's picture dressed up like Mary! So sweet!!

Have a great week!

September 5, 2010 at 6:00 PM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

I try to find a balance between planning and winging it. I agree with the other commenters -- seems like a good portion of the time, the unplanned activities are the ones that grab the most attention from my tots!

September 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home