Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tot School 8/16-8/21

We are slowly starting to get back into the groove of things after taking a long break of doing formal activities. My youngest DD turned 2 recently and as a gift she got a tot-sized table and chairs from IKEA. This has motivated both girls to want to do activities at their very own "work table" as they call it. :) They have been doing lots of drawing. In fact, my 3yr. old called her dad while at work one day and asked him for a mailbox because she wanted to mail him letters (we had been letting her put her drawings in our real mailbox but we were all getting tired of the every-other-minute wanting to go out there.) To all of our surprise, dad came home with a real mailbox for her! Both my 3yr. old and 2yr. old have loved having their very own mailbox. I'll have to get pictures of it up soon.

Other things we did this week w/ 3yr. old dd:


Painted wooden letters with paint markers. (See Altered Letter Post)

We did some sorting of objects. I couldn't find our tweezers or tongs so she just used her fingers. Our sorting tray is from a Melissa & Doug bead craft my 8yr. old had received. I thought the box would come in handy for Tot School.

She had so much fun sorting that she asked to do more. Here she is sorting erasers that I got at the Dollar Tree.


23mo. DD also joined in:

 - She did her own letter painting
-  Played with Playdough
-  Rode her little car and Strider pre-bike
-  Sang songs
-  Colored ( a little too enthusiastically. I now need to go purchase some more Magic Erasers--lol)



Tot School


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the box for sorting.

August 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home