Monday, August 9, 2010

Progress with the Homeschool Room


In July I posted the picture above lamenting the fact that I had no clue what to do with my homeschool room since adding all the contents of my office into that room. Well I'm not finished yet, but I am thrilled that everything is kind of coming together now! :)


On a whim I decided I wanted an accent color wall, so my son was nice enough to paint it for me. :) Then this past weekend my nice hubby took me to IKEA for our anniversary! He even let me get the big Expedit shelving unit, when I had planned differently. I love it! I just started getting things organized in it and hope to have it done by the end of the week.


I need to go back to Target and get one more fabric Itso bin and maybe a couple more smaller ones. Since I'm not sure what I'm putting there, I'm going to wait a couple of days.  The whole top row are photo albums. I haven't even printed any albums from the last couple of years!  I need to get caught up.


I put our workbox stations behind the couch. I originally didn't think I'd be able to get them to fit back in the room again, but by rearranging the couch, it works perfectly!

 My mom gave me her old craft cabinet which is perfect for all our little crafting supplies/scrapbooking stuff.  Thanks mom! :)


So I still have a way to go, but I am excited that there is a plan now! I'll be working on putting together a little toddler/preschool area where the big mess is. Hopefully I'll be able to find a place for everything. :)

How We Will Use This Room:
Basically this room will be homeschool central. We'll meet here in the mornings and do Bible and go over expected assignments. The older 2 have desks in their rooms, so they will most likely work there. My 8 yr. old usually works on the kitchen table or will work at the computer station if there is no one using the computer. I have set up my computer and the kids' computer in this room so that it will be easier to monitor computer usage and whether or not they are staying on task with computer assignments. There will also be a toddler/preschool table where my little ones can be working on their own toddler workboxes.


Not Back to School Blog Hop

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Lookin Good!!!

August 9, 2010 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, Maureen, it is coming along! I love the accent wall!

Your Ikea bookcase looks great, too!

Can't wait to see the finished product!

August 9, 2010 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger Tristan said...

Ooo, love that new shelving! Don't you love the feeling you get as you make it through organizing things? Way to go on getting things going!

August 9, 2010 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

Ooh. . .love that nice big bookcase! Looking great!

August 9, 2010 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

This is looking good. I love moving things and figuring out how to make it work.... it just takes forever!!!

The bookcase is awesome!

August 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Good job, keep it up. Looks like lots of organizational tools to work with. NICE!!

August 9, 2010 at 11:40 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I love your shelving unit and craft cabinet! Looks like they will be a great help in organizing everything.

August 9, 2010 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Amanda American Girl said...

I like the crafting cabinet

August 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM  
Blogger Ticia said...

at least I'm not the only one who is still organizing things and making progress. I'm feeling bad about all of these clean houses and rooms.

August 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Ahhhh....progress! Have a great year!

August 9, 2010 at 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

You've made great progress already. Very nice!

August 9, 2010 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Hi! Just stopping in from the Blog Hop! I love how it is coming along (my room is a work in progress, too!) This is our first year homeschooling and I am learning so much from reading the blogs of families with more experience!

August 9, 2010 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa N. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the color. I did a gunmetal blue in the girls room and it's similar! Looks great!

August 9, 2010 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

Always love stopping by your blog dear. I think you are moving along quite nicely, but you are running out of time aren't ya? Isn't baby due soon? Hugs to you and hope you are doing good. Have a great year.

August 9, 2010 at 9:04 PM  
Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Oh, I LOVE those shelves! Looks wonderful :)

August 9, 2010 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger MissMOE said...

I love it. The accent wall color is beautiful. And what an awesome gift. Give your husband a big hug from all the homeschool moms out there who have been drooling over those shelves. It's always so fun when projects like this come together. Make sure to post more pics when your done with the entire room.

August 10, 2010 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger {darlene} said...

It is looking great! This is my first year to homeschool... I cannot believe how much STUFF I have already accumulated!

August 10, 2010 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Connie, the daisyhead said...

Good for you, girlie! I am so happy that your Anniversary Wish came true! You're almost there! Woo hoo!

August 11, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home