Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Printable Geography Resources and More

First of all, I wanted to mention that The Homeschool Village is coordinating a pen-pal match-up for homeschoolers. This could be a neat way for your child to get to know someone from another area or even country! You must email your information to The Homeschool Village by this Friday, July 23rd.



I like to browse the internet in search of things I might use with my kids during the year. I thought I'd compile a list of printable geography resources just in case others are in the planning mode like I am right now.

1. Homeschool Creations:  Jolanthe has created a whole bunch of printables based on a unit she has been doing with her children over the past couple of years.  There are planner pages, flags, country fact sheets and more

2. Homeschoo Share: There are a ton of resources here both printables and units based on books. Check out the Geography Resources and the Master Geography Index to get started.

3. Homeschool Helper Online: Has several resources--- State Study units for Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Missouri (scroll down to the bottom of the page; country lapbooksfamous landmarks notebooking pages (scroll down to the bottom of the page).

4. Notebooking Pages: Geography notebooking pages --- for purchase. We've used several of these and have been pleased. If you sign up for the newsletter you can get a 25%  coupon. She also has some geography freebies such as outline maps and general notebook pages.

5. About.com: General geography printables such as wordsearches etc.;  U.S. state printables; South America printables

6. Sunflower Schoolhouse: If you are studying Canada, check out Honey's Canadian resources!

7.  Crayola: World Map ; coloring pages for U.S. states, Canadian Prime Ministers and Provinces, landmarks, nations, and places.

8. Education.com: From what I can tell, everything is free here. I downloaded several of the paper dolls from various countries. Lots of resources.

9. Guest Hollow: Country & Cultures Lapbook Pack (free); country report form(free)

10. Activity Village.uk: Outline maps and printables

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

July 22, 2010 at 11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is great. Next year we are starting geography for my kindergarten and my first grader. Super excited!! Thanks for all the great information!!

July 24, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home