Monday, July 12, 2010

Big Summer Fun Link-Up



This past week we've actually been able to cross off a few things from our summer to-do list:

** We made ice cream (see ice cream recipe and printables)

** We went to the Farmer's Market and picked up some peaches and did some canning for the first time! I was so glad my mom was here to help me out. We started out small because I didn't want to be so overwhelmed that I would never do it again :)
Here are some recipes that look interesting to me:
Cia's Oil Roasted Jalapenos
Della's Sweet and Sour Pickles
No Pressure Green Beans
Blueberry butter and more----lots of canning and preserving ideas here!

** Celebrated my daughter's 12th birthday

Sarah, from Digital Reflections is traveling to Egypt with her family this week. She's listed some of the activities that she will be doing with her kids. I love seeing what she is doing!

Feel free to check out our Big Summer Fun master list too for more great ideas.

So I'd love to see what you all have been doing this summer! Feel free to link up your summer-related blog posts from the past week.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Looks like you are having a fabulous summer! I am loving this Mingle Monday! Have a blessed day!

July 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great list! Looks like it will make for a wonderful summer of fun and I do plan to borrow from your list! Visiting from MM-

July 12, 2010 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh and I'm a new follower too-

July 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

OK, you 'nailed' 2 things that are STILL on my list - homemade ice cream and the farmers market. I'm inspired now. I need to do these. It's fun we won't want to miss out on. Thanks for the reminder. Great post.

July 13, 2010 at 12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sounds like your having a great summer. Have a great week!

July 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Katrina Kennedy said...

We have been spending a lot of time in our garden!

With our chickens
http://ianck.blogspot.com/2010/07/meet-new-girls.html

And cooking and eating lots of veggies!
http://ianck.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-i-spent-six-hours-in-kitchen-by.html

July 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home