Tuesday, July 20, 2010

State Study Scrapbook and Lapbook

This year my two oldest kids will be studying our state history (I know, I said that last year, but this year they really are going to do it!). Since they will be doing a lot of this unit independently, I thought it would be fun to have them create a state study scrapbook and lapbook.

Roughed Up Maps No. 1 by Katie Pertiet
Basic Paper Alpha Notebook by Katie Pertiet
Stitched by Anna Borders Evergreen No. 1
Ingrid Solids by Michelle Martin

My kids will be creating digital scrapbook pages of the places we have visited plus several fun fact pages about Indiana. For the lapbooking elements, we will be using many from the Indiana History unit at Homeschool Share. The layout above it the title page for their books. They will be creating all the rest of the layouts using Photoshop Elements. We'll get the layouts printed as 8x8 photos and adhere them to the scrapbook page (I found 10x10 spiral scrapbooks on sale that we are using. Any top-loading album would also work).  My kids love creating on the computer and my plan is to try to actually go visit many of the sites in our state so they can scrapbook them. If you'd like to know more about digital scrapbooking with kids, check out my article called "Digital Scrapbooking as an Educational Tool"

At the end of the unit I hope they will both have a wonderful keepsake plus fact book of our state.

I went ahead and looked through Designer Digitals' store and found some digital products that would work great with geography theme projects. You could use them to create scrapbook pages for learning, regular scrapbook pages, hybrid projects or even printables (for personal use).  Most of these products can be used with any photo-editing software program. Just create and print! :)




Advertisement

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds like excellent idea. I'm sure it can be used in school too to make a holiday project at the beginning of school year. We'll have to wait until girl is a bit older to try this out. :)

July 21, 2010 at 3:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am bookmarking this- we are in a postcard swap right now, so for the school year, we want to create our own state lapbook- thanks for saving me some work!

July 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Robin Sampson said...

Super idea. I love combining digital scrapbooking with lapbooking. Hybrid Homeschool Projects.

I have a new Scrapbook/Lapbook blog. Come over and add your blog to our blog roll.
http://heartofwisdom.com/scrapbook/?page_id=509

March 20, 2011 at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home