Sunday, July 25, 2010

Big Summer Fun: Wrapping Up

Am I the only one who thinks summer flew by this year? I can't believe August is just around the corner. I've started thinking and planning (kind of) our school year already, and I have been wishing to get back into the school routine again (things run smoother here with a routine).

Worn Frame Edges by Lynn Grieveson
Worn Strips No. 10 by Lynn Grieveson
Petit Jacques Kit by Lynn Grieveson
Home and Garden Papers by Katie Pertiet
Fine Line Border Lines No. 4 by Katie Pertiet
all www.designerdigitals.com (click layout for direct links)

Yet another part of me still wants to take time to soak up these last summer days. We took a family walk around the block last evening. It was so nice to be outdoors as a family. I pulled out our summer bucket list and we've done many of the activities on there, but I had hoped to do more. Due to the heat, my back, and just feeling crummy lately, we've had to nix some bigger outdoor activities (like camping, going to the zoo, hiking etc.) but I'm finding I'm just enjoying being with the kids doing simple things like letting them run through the sprinkler, watching them build sandcastles in the sandbox, and bringing them to the pool. I'm going to enjoy these last care-free days of summer before our schedule gets packed with classes, co-ops, and other activities.

So this will be the final Big Summer Fun link-up! Link up a current summer post or your favorite summer post of the summer!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

No, you're not the only one!! I've been wondering what happened to summer, and why didn't I get the "break" in "Summer Break!"

Hope you can enjoy the last few weeks! ;)

July 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anne Galivan said...

Thanks for the opportunity to share!

I'm still trying to fit in a few more summer events...including a trip to Ft. Lauderdale Beach by myself (and then to my mom's) for a little R&R before things get crazy. Trying not to think about how little time is left before: my 16-year old starts dual-enrollment at the community college; my own college class starts; and the 8-year old gets started on his third grade work.

Also, this fall my 26-year old daughter will be moving out of the house and I am freaking out/depressed/sad - she's the only other female in the house! I'm going to be surrounded by testosterone 24/7! Help! (Fortunately she'll only be 30 minutes away - and she has no washer/dryer yet where she'll be living so she'll have to come home to do laundry!) :)

July 25, 2010 at 11:31 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Anne, a trip to Ft. Lauderdale sounds wonderful! I hope all the changes in your household go smoothly. Glad to hear your dd won't be too far away. My oldest is 12 and I'm starting to realize how fast time flies!

July 26, 2010 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Carrie, I agree---there wasn't much of a break this summer for me--lol! Sometimes doing all the summer fun planning for the kids and family is a lot of work! But the memories are worth it (well usually ;0 )

July 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my yes- WHERE has summer gone? I must say, I have enjoyed not being so "scheduled," but I am starting to crave a more rhythmical feel to life again...
(And I am OVER the heat wave!!!)

July 26, 2010 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Kara said...

I've enjoyed our summer too but I think I'm ready to get back into a routine. Stopping by from Mingle Monday...

July 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Kari said...

Hi Maureen,
Its my first time visiting your blog.
Yes Summer did fly by. I'm with Kara, I ready to get back to our routine :)
Hope your back is feeling better. Enjoy the next three weeks!

July 26, 2010 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger Joy said...

What summer?? You mean we had one? LOL Yes, ours has flown by! However, I am looking forward to starting school. I need some kind of routine back in our life! Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

July 27, 2010 at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home