Saturday, September 11, 2010

Preschool Corner Sept. 6 -10

This past week we had a lot of fun. We were able to do quite a variety of activities, and I'll be honest here---none of them were planned. The key to pulling it together was that I already had stuff on hand to pull from (aka I'm a preschool supply/game/activity hoarder--lol).

I finally found some smaller tongs for fine motor skill practice. I had DD do a simple pom pom pattern on her tray (a paint tray). She's still grasping understanding the pattern thing. That's ok!

Then I pulled out our Aa letter sort from The Letter of the Week curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I really need to print out the rest and get it ready so that we can do more than just this ant letter sort---lol!

We did some color activities with a couple of our friends. I read Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh and White Rabbit's Color Book by Alan Baker. Then I handed each child a small baggie of playdough to mix. In one bag was 1 ball of red, 1 ball of blue, another 1 ball of red, 1 ball of yellow, and the next one ball of yellow, one ball of blue. They then squished it up to see what colors it made. Hint---make the balls really small! It takes quite a bit of mixing to get the colors. [Here's the playdough recipe I used: Easy playdough]


Here my dd is mixing her bag. She made purple!

Since we were kind of doing letter A activities this week, I found that I still had some cardboard apple templates from my teaching days. I spread some glue and dd and I tore paper and she covered the apple.
Now this is an activity my DD made up herself. She asked me if she could have the pom pom jar. She and her little sister proceeded to pretend that they were making cupcakes. Here she is placing her cupcakes into the oven--aka bookshelf. They seriously played this for over an hour!

Want a cupcake?

With the weather being a little cooler, we spent some time outside. We visited a local state park and had fun enjoying nature. We also spent some time on our swings in the backyard. It was a good week! :)  For more preschool ideas check out:



preschool corner

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

We love mixing paint in baggies. It is a fun squishy project! I love all the things that you did this week. Thanks for some great ideas :0)

September 11, 2010 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

love it when a plan comes together even if you didn't actually plan it. =0)

September 12, 2010 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

I am becoming an activity/materials hoarder too! I invested in a bin at target this week to drop my extra workbooks, unopened games, etc. into on top of his other "learning boxes" that I fill with daily activities, and I am already overflowing it. Oops. But the stuff really comes in handy! I'm thinking I'll be very grateful for a stash of activities come this winter when we are snowed in (with a newborn being added to the mix). Just visiting you from Preschool Corner. :)

September 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM  
Anonymous Deborah said...

Thank you for sharing your link on my playdough linky! That was so kind of you:)

September 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home