Friday, September 17, 2010

Preschool Corner: Sept. 13-17

Letter B Week

This week we focused on the letter B and on the theme of colors.


I put together a craft kit using the letter B bee idea from Jolanthe in her Totally Tots ABC crafts column. When I make the kits, I use Glue Dots and leave the back liners on. Then it is easy to assemble the craft without using glue.


DD really liked doing this project. One change I made from the original post from Totally Tots was to make the upper part of the B out of black foam. Then I didn't have to worry about a black marker mess.  To draw the lines, I held a ruler and then DD traced against the ruler. She had so much fun doing the lines that she asked to draw the lines on her sister's Bb craft.

DD also did her Bb cut-out page. These pages were downloaded from Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations.

Both little ones love to use Dot markers. These aren't the Do a Dots seen mentioned everywhere else, but rather a pack I picked up at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon. It works for now. I'd love to eventually get the Do-a-Dots because there are more colors to choose from. She did a letter B page and a bunch of shape pages. She couldn't get enough! These pages were downloaded from www.childcareland.com. At least that's what the bottom of the pages say--- now that I went back to look at the site I can't find them.

DD also did a Bee number sequencing activity  and a Bee color match game that I made for her.



And colored some Bee coloring pages.


 All these downloads are available for free in my new Squidoo article: Bees: Preschool Theme Unit. I've compiled many ideas from around the web plus what we've done with our local preschool co-op. If you have any ideas to add, let me know and I'll add your photo plus link in the article.

I went ahead and joined Carisa's member's site over at 1+1+1=1 this week and I'm so glad I did! I taught my 8yr. old daughter how to go through the PowerPoint presentation with my 3yr. old. I modeled how to ask questions and showed her how to teach the 3year old the concepts in the show. She did a fantastic job! My 3yr. old then started teaching the 2yr. old. :)


Besides the PowerPoint presentations, we printed off letter cards for her ABC notebook. These are also available at 1+1+1=1. I had already planned on doing something similar, but since Carisa had the print-outs already done--no need to reinvent the wheel! :) My 3yr. old loves to "read" her cards in her ABC book.
We continued to talk about colors during our co-op class. They once again did color mixing with playdough. We also played several color matching games and read: Mouse Paint, White Rabbit's Color Book, and Planting a Rainbow (Here's a craft and a file folder game we used with Planting a Rainbow)

For More Preschool Corner Ideas check out:



preschool corner


Photobucket
/>

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger sbswtp said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love your activities this week!!! So much fun! And I think it is adorable that the 3 year old is now teaching the 2 year old...so cute! Have a great weekend!

September 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have such a great collection of ideas! Thanks for all the links. The bee craft is sooo cute. The black top does look better. Thanks for stopping by!

September 18, 2010 at 7:15 AM  
Blogger Alison @ Educational Creations said...

I'm in love with the Bee! So Cute!

September 18, 2010 at 8:54 AM  
Blogger Miller Moments said...

Found you via Teach Preschool. Via cute blog!

September 20, 2010 at 7:27 PM  
Anonymous polwig said...

The b ideas are so cute... I love all the spelling activities you have here

September 22, 2010 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Jolanthe said...

Ok ~ the glue dots idea for those letter crafts is GENIUS!!!! :) You know...now that I've only got four letters of the alphabet to complete. Haha!!

September 23, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home