Saturday, September 25, 2010

Preschool Corner: Sept. 20-24

This week we worked on some Letter T activities, met with family and friends and did a lot of playing.

We are actually using the Songs for Saplings with our co-op preschool group. The first week the kids did the coloring page that Carissa from 1+1+1=1 made, and then this week I just made this quick activity for the kids to do so that they would remember to practice their verse at home. I am amazed that all of them 2-4yr. olds know the verse already. They love to sing the song.

Next we worked on the letter T. Yep, we're not going in order. No rhyme or reason other than I thought it would be fun to have her learn a couple of letters that could blend to make a word (we've done a, b and now t).  She did a turtle size sort from Erica's Letter of the Week curriculum.

DD's cousin gave her this pink scooter. She loves it! She rode it almost every day this week.


Letter T cut-and-paste page from Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations. We do one of these pages for each letter.

Tracing the letter T with a dry-erase marker on her Kumon ABC flashcards. These actually come with one side made to write on with a dry-erase marker. The other side isn't, and my dd kept drawing on the wrong side. So I re-laminated them with my Xyron so it wouldn't matter which side she started drawing on. :)

I used a magnetic dry-erase board to create a sorting mat for DD. I placed various objects beginning with those letters into the basket.


She enjoyed sorting the objects. (I need to get more a- themed things!)


Next I cut out a tooth and printed off a bunch of letter T's in different fonts. She pasted them on her giant tooth.

We place all her worksheets, projects, and word cards in her own ABC binder. She loves looking through it every day.

 We also did some apple tree math. I wrote more about it and included a download in my previous post, "Apple Tree Number Match."

She also got to play with Wedgits for the first time at her cousin's house. She thought they were pretty fun! We hope to be adding a set or two at our house in the near future.

To see more great preschool ideas be sure to visit:

preschool corner

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

What a fun week! Love your sorting mat.

September 25, 2010 at 2:49 AM  
Blogger Mama Jenn said...

I know this isn't the first time I have seen it, but I think your little girl's painted fingernails are absolutely adorable! For some reason I am trying to put off nail polish with my daughter for as long as I can! I guess for me...nail polish means growing up! LOL

September 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home