Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Apple Tree Number Match

Today I was cleaning through some old files when I came across this felt tree set I had made for my oldest daughter several years ago (I'm afraid to admit how many--lol!) This ended up being a great activity to do with my 3yr. old daughter today.

I traced tree tops onto green felt and tree trunks onto brown felt. Then I numbered the tree tops and trunks. Next I had my daughter match the numbers.

Then we worked together putting the trees in numerical order.

Next we placed pom-pom "apples" on the tree to match the numbers.

Another extension would be to have an apple shape and use position words such as:
"Place the apple behind the number two tree" or "Place the apple on top of the number 3 tree" etc.

I created two options for this activity: 1) print the trees onto cardstock or 2) trace onto felt. Both are included in the download.


Here's a download I made last year that would also go perfectly with an apple theme.

 And here's an apple collage we did last year which was posted at 3 Boys and a Dog

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Muthering Heights said...

That is SO cute!

September 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Love the felt trees! And I'm off to buy paint, we started art yesterday and had NONE left from last year, I thought I was so prepared, but I forgot paint LOL!

September 23, 2010 at 1:27 PM  
Anonymous polwig said...

Great ideas thank you... I love the apple tree and counting, perfect for my kiddos

September 23, 2010 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home