Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Relevant Blogging Conference

 

I have been mulling around the idea of attending a blog conference in the upcoming year. After reading all the Blissdom reports, I feel like I'm ready to take that next step of learning more of the ins and outs of blogging and connecting with other bloggers in real life. I really had no idea which conference I should go to or even what was really out there for bloggers. Then today I stumbled across information regarding the Relevant blog conference. When I read their mission-statement, I was hooked. I knew that this is the conference I needed to go to at this time in my life. So, tonight I participated in my first Twitter chat hosted by the Relevant team

The chat topic for this evening was getting a sponsor for the Relevant conference. I have to admit that it was a little difficult for me to keep up with the Twitter chat! Things kept freezing on me, but there was a wealth of good information shared.  Tommy Nelson, a Christian children's publishing company that markets books, Bibles videos and more, is one of the main sponsors of the conference and also participated in the chat. They hosted several give-aways and one special person actually won a ticket to the conference compliments of Tommy Nelson

What makes me excited is that this conference centers around my passions: my Savior, my family, and friends. Here's a quote from their site:

"We support women turning their hearts toward home and using their blogs to bless their families while also engaging the world for the glory of God." ~Relevant Blog Conference

This evening, before I put my daughter to bed, she brought me her favorite book. We have read it so many times that she knows all the words. She loves the characters. I love that this story gives me another opportunity during our day to talk about God. When I flipped the book over I realized that the same company that published that book was going to be a part of this evening's Twitter chat. How cool! I am thankful for Tommy Nelson for making godly materials available for families. And I think it would be so awesome to be a part of a conference that they are sponsoring.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jen@balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Loved reading this...I sure hope that the Lord makes a way for you to join us at Relevant. It would be a wonderful first conference experience. :)

February 16, 2010 at 11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home