Saturday, January 23, 2010

Help for Haiti Collaborative Kit

Haiti has been on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers. When the news of the earthquake started hitting the airways, my team members from Designer Digitals all flocked to the forum to hear news of our team member, Christina, who lives in Port-au-Prince. Thankfully, she and her family escaped harm but her world is changed forever.



The Designers at Designer Digitals created a collaborative kit with 100% of the proceeds going to MercyCorp. This is a downloadable digital kit. Even if you don't do digital scrapbooking, you could use the kit to print out papers and elements to use on traditional scrapbooking layouts or crafts. Please pass the link on to let other crafters know about this offer.



Here's a layout that I created using the Help Haiti Collaborative kit. I'm having a hard time scrapping about the event so I went with a quote paired w/ a pic. from my youngest dd. My heart is so heavy, especially for the children of Haiti. I can't watch the news anymore. Instead I have been following several ministries via Twitter and their blogs. Mixed in with all the reports of devastation and despair, there is still a message of hope. Here are the organizations and people I've been following:

That's Church - the BRESMA orphanage (what a miracle!)
Hands & Feet Project

Right now there seems to be little I can do, but the little I can do I will do.

And if you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. Isaiah 58:10-11

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Love it! I saw that in my DD inbox :)

January 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home