Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Little Word

For the past several years, scrapbook celebrity Ali Edwards has posted a challenge for the New Year--pick a word (or let it pick you) that will be your theme, goal, or definition for the New Year. (You can read more about it in her One Little Word post) I've decided that my word for 2010 is:

Healthy
1 : enjoying health and vigor of body, mind, or spirit
2 : evincing health
3 : conducive to health

I need to start making some changes in my life and the life of my family that will be good for us--healthy.

* healthy body
* healthy spirit
* healthy emotions and handling emotions
* healthy relationships
* healthy finances
* healthy time-mangement
* healthy expectations of myself and others
* healthy environment

My goal is to start implementing small changes that will be doable for me and my family. I've got many thoughts swirling around in my head about my goals, which may become future blog posts--or not. We'll see. For now I'm meditating on the following verses and asking God for a plan, because I know that if I try to do any changes on my own I"ll fail.

Proverbs 3: 5-8

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.

8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

So what will your one little word be?


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mozi Esme said...

I like it!

I think my word will be "present"...

December 31, 2009 at 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home