Monday, December 14, 2009

Imagine Christmas

CrossThis past weekend my family attended an event called "Imagine Christmas." It was put on by my parent's church. All around the church there were different stations. There was a spectacular music presentation by a choir, orchestra and dancers. There were small ensembles serenading visitors with Christmas carols. There were cookies and hot chocolate, cake walks, games, and crafts. There was a live nativity scene -- which my 3yr. old totally loved the animals. At one station, there were opportunities for families to come together and talk about the real reason for Christmas.

From the manger to the cross, Jesus was God's gift to us. Here families were encouraged to write a thank-you note to God.

In the same room they had several sand tables with wooden nativity sets. There was a script next to it where the parents could read the Christmas story to their children and the kids would add the next piece in the story.


My younger two loved this. I probably should donate a bag of sand to the church since my two ended up spilling about that much on the floor--lol.

There was also one whole wall covered with paper where kids could draw what they thought Bethlehem looked like.
Here's my son's drawing---The Three Wise men coming to bring their gifts to Jesus.

The whole night was a celebration of Jesus. Many of these ideas can be done on a smaller scale at home.

This evening reminded me that I had these nativity images on my computer. I originally used them for our Nativity I Spy bottles. You could print them to make a memory match game or for retelling the story.


Nativity Cards
For more Making Christmas Meaningful Ideas check out all our past posts: Making Christmas Meaningful

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home