Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Printable Gift Tags

Today was going to be gift-wrapping day until I realized the only tape I have in the house is duct tape. Where oh where have all my tape rolls gone!

I have though, printed out our gift tags. Usually I'm a lazy wrapper and just write the recipient's name on the package, but this year my oldest DD is helping me and wants everything to look nice :) We picked Ali Edwards' tags for this year (she's not paying me to endorse any of her products--lol! I realize I just posted yesterday about her brushes---I have just enjoyed using her digital products lately)

This download comes as a PDF file and as PNG files. What this means is that if you don't have a photo-editing software program, you can still print these tags out using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Or if you do have a digital scrapbooking program, you can customize them, add papers, elements, etc.

If you print the tags as-is, they are 2 inches. I actually printed mine at 75% so that it would fit my 1 1/4" circle punch.
The first thing we made with our tags were hot chocolate wrappers. They are nice as a fill-in gift in stockings or gift baskets. Here's how we made them:

1. Cut cardstock 4" wide and 11"long.
2. Fold the bottom up about 2 1/2" - 3" -- depending on the height of your hot chocolate package.
3. Fold the top down so that a portion of it tucks in the bottom fold.
4. Staple the bottom corners.
5. Adhere the circle tag onto a bigger circle. Outline with glue and sprinkle with glitter.
6. Once the tag is dry, place adhesive on the bottom half of the tag and center on the bottom fold
7. Tie ribbon around the top to finish the wrapper off.

Now hot chocolate isn't the only thing you can put in these wrappers. Dry soup mixes, M&M packs, Pop Rocks and other relatively flat packaged items can be made festive with these wrappers.
printable gift tagsHere we just used the tags as intended---as gift tags. Once again I reduced the size a bit before printing and then matted the tag on red. Super easy!

Here are some more printable gift tags. If you print them out onto cardstock and run through a Xyron Xyron 900, you'll have your own gift tag stickers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home