Monday, February 15, 2010

Highlights from Last Week

 
 I have a love/hate relationship with finger paints. One one hand I know that it is a wonderful creative outlet for my kiddos. On the other hand, I also know that I'm going to have to clean---clothes, faces, tables, counters and sometimes the wall. Thankfully, Crayola finger paints really don't stain! All my kids love to mess around with the finger paints when I take them out---even the older ones :) I will be ready for summer to come so that I can have them do all the messy stuff outside again.

  

 Two days this week we woke up to frost covering all the trees and bushes. It was so beautiful! I passed some spectacular scenes while driving, but since I really needed to pay attention to the road I decided not to even bother bringing my camera. If I were a more adventurous photographer I might have bundled up, pulled off the road and taken some shots. I like staying warm too much :)
  
 We celebrated my DD#2's birthday and my niece's birthday this week. It was good to be able to hang out with my family.

 
And of course, Valentine's day. My son gave this to me the night before. I was pretty impressed that he came up with it! He loves Legos. This makes up for all the times I've stepped on them and wished he didn't have any. :) My ds is the biggest teaser of the family but is also one of the most sensitive kids in the family. He already had planned for several weeks what he wanted to get us for Valentine's day. He had begged several times for someone to take him to Wal-mart so he could get our gifts. So besides the heart, he gave us each our own special key-chains. What a thoughtful kid!

While I was writing this blog post and surfing the internet at the same time (don't you do that too?) I came across an uplifting post by Alicia from Confessions of a Snowflake. She writes about her never-ending to-do list and  feeling of inadequacy. I have been struggling with those same feelings too---feeling like I have so much on my plate that if it is getting done, I'm wondering how well. Anyway her post encouraged me today to change my focus---to take the focus off the list and on to my family. Thanks for the post Alicia!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Ticia said...

Okay, the lego heart is just way too cool!

February 15, 2010 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

I love that lego heart! Who says boys can't be all sweet and adorable☺

February 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home