Sunday, February 7, 2010

Tot School 39 & 18mo.

Tot School

I tell you I am so glad January is over! I don't know if it's after Christmas blahs or what, but I didn't feel very creative and if we did Tot school, we just did puzzles and read books (which isn't bad, btw) :) I think I just needed some down-time and needed to keep things simple.

 
For scissor practice this week, I had DD#3 cut pieces and glue them onto a heart. I got the idea from DLTK.
  
DD#3 still has difficulty holding the scissors correctly, and she's stubborn enough to not want to hold it the right way when I showed her, so I just let her cut. I figure eventually she'll get it right.
  
Here was her final result. She was so proud of her work. She carried it around all day.
  
While grocery shopping this week, I came across 2 sets of chipboard letters on clearance. I thought they would make a good ABC activity to do w/ DD#3. My initial thought was to hid letters in our sensory tub, or take the letters of her name and have her try to find matches.  Well she was so excited to have her own set of letters that she dumped them out on the table and started finding matches on her own. I thought having so many dumped out would be overwhelming, so I was only going to do a handful. I was pretty surprised that she knew several of her letters since we haven't formally started doing anything with them.
  
This week we joined some of our homeschool friends for co-op. In DD#3's group we learned about shadows.

She colored a ground-hog, glued it onto a popsicle stick and saw the ground hog see it's shadow.

 

Both girls enjoy playing with their Discovery Toys stacking blocks. Here DD#4 is working on building a tower.
 
And as you can see, they worked together :) One built the other tore down.
  
Our area received a nice blanket of snow, so we went outside to play, er eat the snow. It wasn't yellow! ;)
 
Seriously, yuck! But I think all kids try it. DD#3 was facinated with the snow. She enjoyed exploring the backyard snowdrifts, walking under the pine tree and following her older siblings. Youngest DD was content to stay on the plowed drive-way.

So this is a glimpse of our week. For more Tot school ideas be sure to check out the main thread at 1+1+1=1.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

It is so neat that DD3 was so excited about finding matches for the letters. That is so awesome. Love the pic of her eating snow.

February 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww such a fun week! Those chipboard letters are so pretty! I love her heart project!

February 8, 2010 at 2:30 PM  
Blogger Susan-Chasing Marcus said...

What a great find with the chipboard letters.

Those stacking blocks look like alot of fun as well.

February 8, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home