Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Finding Clipart for Printables for Personal Use

I am currently working on a big lapbooking project that is taking up some of my blogging time--hence the short updates lately. While working on this project, I'm finding it hard to find clipart! Since my project will be for public use, I must use royalty-free/copywrite free images. But if you are creating a project for your own personal use (always check with the designer's Terms of Use for uses other than personal), digital scrapbooking stores are a great resource.

Digital scrapbooking supplies usually come in several formats:
PSD files --- can only be used with Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
ABR files --- which are brushes---and to my knowledge can only be used with Adobe Photoshop or Elements.
PNG--can be used in most graphics programs and word processing programs
JPEG --can be used in graphics programs and word processing programs
Here is a better explanation than my little blurb: Digital Products

One of my favorite stores is Designer Digitals. Every Thursday they have "Thrifty Thursday" and today they have 317 items on sale. I've highlighted a couple below that are worth checking out. (Click on the picture for a direct link to the product)

I thought the following products would be great for Nature Journals and notebooking pages. You could even print the butterfly cards out and use them as a matching game or type facts and use as game cards/flashcards.

These are just so stinking adorable! If you want cute clip-art, Mindy has it! She has some cool safari and zoo stickers too. My first thought was that these would be great for toddler/preschool projects. You could use them to create matching games, lapbook pages, counting cards etc.

And of course if you want to learn something new, Cassie Jones has all you need to know in her downloadable lessons. She has several on sale right now.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I love those sweet and salty icons, they are too cute. I am just getting into digital scrapbooking and it's dangerous being able to shop from the comfort of my own home and have immediate gratification with no waiting for delivery. Do you have any suggestions for finding royalty free graphics? I wanted to make up some things and found it was nearly impossible to find anything. Any leads you have would be appreciated!

May 28, 2009 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are going to be doing a Nature Journal this year for the first time. Thanks for the heads up!

May 28, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home