Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ice-Cream in a Bag

We had a jam-packed week last week, so I never got my Toddler School photos up. In fact, I'm still loading and editing them. One of the things that my kids got to do was make ice-cream in a bag. Just so you don't go thinking I'm some creative, super-cool mom who lets her kids do messy things---I didn't plan this. Yep, I got to watch my kids have fun and not have to clean up the mess :) We have a wonderful lady in our lives named Mamaw. She's not our Mamaw, but has adopted all the kids in our small group as her own. She and her daughter have done all our science experiments this year. Whohoo! What that means is that my kids actually got to do science experiments this year--lol.

I couldn't believe how easy this was and thought that we actually might do it again at home this summer. Here's the recipe:

2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar

1/2 cup of whipping cream

1/4 teaspoon of vanilla

6 Tablespoons of rock salt

1 pint-size Ziplock bag

1 gallon-size Ziplock bag

ice-cubes


Pour the first three ingredients into the pint-size bag. Seal it tightly.
Fill half of the gallon-size bag with ice and then add the rock salt.
Place the smaller bag inside the bag with the ice. Seal it tightly.
Shake, shake, shake and shake some more!

When it looks like ice-cream, take the smaller bag out from the bag of ice. Wipe the outside with a wet rag, open the bag and eat with a spoon! It was very good!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! I'm going to that with the kids as soon as my tail bone gets better. TFS

Love the picture.

May 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

How easy!! We will try this when summer starts. Thanks for sharing.

May 12, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi!
Came over from the MBC under 100 followers group.
Great post now that the sun is shinning and my son has been bugging my non stop for a cold treat!
Come visit my blog and watch the mayhem!

Vanessa
www.militarywifemayhem.com

May 12, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Great post! I am passing on to you the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog and pickup your award :)

May 12, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger TheAtticGirl said...

Rachel Ray had Kate Gosselin on her show today and did a similar ice cream in a bag demonstration. It looks like fun.

May 12, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

oh, my kids love doing this - thanks for the reminder to do it again soon with them,

May 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great blog you have! I found you through some other mom blogs.

My blog contains a variety of topics. The focus is on saving money, making money, and time saving tips. Although sometimes, I enjoy just posting a random fact or something funny to cheer everyone up. We post about the practical, every day ways to save and make money.

Check it out and feel free to use or post whatever you like. Just let others know where you found it.

There are quite a few free things and deals in the next few days.

Have a great day.

www.chachingqueen.com


Cha Ching Queen
Helping you... Save: Money and time ~ Make: Extra cash ~ Learn: Random stuff
New! Austin and Dallas sections

May 13, 2009 at 11:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award come pick it up at my blog!

Vanessa

May 14, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did that before but used coffee cans. You put a small can with the ice cream mixture in a larger can with rock salt and ice around it.

They roll it around in the yard.

I tried the baggies before but it did not get
to an ice cream consistancy very easy.

We will have to try that again and wait longer.

May 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Spearmint Baby said...

i am going to try this! thx :)

May 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM  
Blogger Mommynightowl said...

This is so cool, sounds fun and easy. We will def try this this summer.

[following you from MBC100]

May 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home