Saturday, May 2, 2009

Toddler School 4/27 - 5/1

Sunday is recap day at Tot School. Click on the link above to see what others are doing.

This week we had some structured fun. DD loved this activity. I picked up the salad tongs at the Dollar Tree. Thanks to someone's blog from last week's link-up (please let me know if it was you and I"ll link you up), I knew to start this activity with cotton balls.

She had no trouble picking up the cotton balls, but she did have some difficulty opening the tongs and just letting the cotton balls drop. She chose to pull them out instead :)

Next we made a color bag. As you can see we are working on the color red ( and no, I didn't dress her to match--lol!) I poured a little corn syrup into a bag, dropped a couple drops of red food coloring and let her mix it up. This activity requires the parent to pay attention---or it can be a big mess if the little one opens the bag up! I did a similar activity with a group of preschoolers and I used double-sided Super Tape (the red-lined tape you can purchase at any craft store) and taped the bag closed just in case ;)

Then we made a fish craft to go along with the Coin in the Fish miracle we read in her story Bible. You can find the instructions here: Money in a Fish Craft She had so much fun painting!

Finally, we spent some time outside just playing. We didn't have too many dry days this week, so we enjoyed getting out when we could.



Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Chawksgirl4ever said...

wow looks like a wonderful time!and lots of fun!

May 3, 2009 at 3:12 AM  
Blogger CristyLynn said...

I love that last picture! Such a beautiful scene with a beautiful little girl.

May 3, 2009 at 5:52 AM  
Blogger Gidget Girl Reading said...

looks like she had alot of fun! love the fish! her outfit is so cute

May 3, 2009 at 8:18 AM  
Blogger Christy Killoran said...

I love the swinging photo. My daughter loves to swing too.

May 3, 2009 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the color bags. I think my son would have a lot of fun mixing it up :-)

May 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

The tong activity is a great fine motor activity! Love your craft and being outside in the spring is the best!

May 3, 2009 at 7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like she had a blast.
I started a Kids Corner on Saturdays if you want to check it out.

May 3, 2009 at 10:00 PM  
Blogger Ticia said...

That's a cool fish activity. I can see it also being good for Jonah and the Whale too.

May 4, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home