Monday, April 20, 2009

Digital Layouts-Downloadable Lessons

(I created this layout by following Cassie Jone's Laying It All Out No. 14 Tutorial Kit )

I'm often asked how to digital scrap. I could try to explain it all, but Cassie Jones has done such a better job at it with her tutorial kits. If you use Photoshop Elements or Photoshop, her tutorials are a valuable resource. So why buy when there are a ton of free how-to's to be found on the web?

1. It is convenient and time-saving to not have to do a web search to find a certain technique.

2. The tutorials are a full kit. It includes all the digital elements needed to create a full layout using whatever technique you want to learn.

3. The lessons are so thorough! Cassie explains things well and includes step-by-step screen shots to walk you through the lesson. The lesson that I used to create the layout in this post was over 50 pages long! That might sound overwhelming--but it wasn't. It was full of screen-shots, tips, and instructions broken down into easy-to-read sections. The lesson was very easy to follow along.

4. If you get stuck, you can easily contact her on the message boards and she is so willing to help.
Here are a couple of my favorite:




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger BrnEyedGal said...

I am definately going to check out her tutorial!
I have been scrapbooking for oh...15yrs now, but I haven't tried the digital yet but I have been wanting to for some time!!!
Also I have to tell you how much I love your blog...it is adorable!!!

That's why I nominated you for an award....(Yes, It was my first) You must have received SEVERAL by now, but this was my way of saying "thank you" for sharing your life in such a meaningful and creative way!!!!
I believe you already follow me...(one of the few right now, LOL).

April 20, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Thank you for the nomination! That is so kind :)

April 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Heather G said...

Beautiful layout! and you say so eloquently why Cassie's tutorials totally rock! Picking that one up when I get home :)

April 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger kw said...

I love your blog! We are homeschoolers, too and I am your new follower. So cute!

When you want to put your digital scraps into a hard bound book, check out my business blog at
http://memoriestobooks.blogspot.com/

Or our homeschooling blog http://thesnailstrail.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to see what adventure your guys get into next!

April 21, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home