Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Farm Fun

Carisa over at Tot School challenged moms to take pictures of their toddler's week and then post a summary of the week on Sunday. Well I'm late, but I thought this would be a good motivator to get my pics. off my card and posted. When I glanced through what photos I had taken of last week, I saw a theme. You would probably think I planned it---being the good educator mommy that I am ;) Guess what, I didn't. That happens to me alot. I think when I pray for God to direct my day, He does and then later I see how things fit together! :)

Earlier last week I was wandering Target when I found the cutest foam animal lacing set. Since I was looking for things to add to DD3's workbox, I picked them up.

She really was more interested in pointing to the sheep's eye than lacing. One step at a time I suppose :)


Our town held its annual Farm Festival. I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to attending because I already had a sinus headache and knew the hay and animals would make it worse. I decided to go because I knew that DD#3 would love it. For many reasons, I am so glad we did go.

I wish I could have really captured her expression the first time she petted the goat. The owner was so tickled by her response. She was in awe of the little creature.

Then later in the week, totally forgetting all the farm stuff, I started working on a magnet set for DD#3's workbox. Using my digital supplies, I created a farm set for her. The older kids drew a big farm scene on the dry-erase board and she played with it there. She also played with it on a cookie tray. (I'll have a post explaining how to make your own set later this week).

So those were some of DD#3's educational highlights!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Life is Good said...

I love the magnetic farm set, so cute!

April 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi there -

For our workboxes, I used velcro circles. The adhesive is very strong and difficult to remove once adhered! I found it at Michael's.

How did you do those cute farm magnets? I've always wanted to do digital scrapbooking but didn't know where to start... I don't have PhotoShop or anything like it.

Blessings,
Laura

April 16, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home