Friday, April 10, 2009

The Colors of Easter



Every year I try to remind my kids (and myself) that for us, Easter is more than jelly beans and Easter egg hunts. I have this master list of cool Easter ideas to do with my kids(here's a list of Easter lapbooking ideas)I don't know where the time went, but I haven't done a single thing with them this year! In fact, those eggs in the picture above were done via digital egg coloring! I didn't want to deal with the mess this year.

So while I was thinking about Good Friday and Easter, I was reminded of what we spent the last fall sememster learning. It was in fact, reminding them of Easter. We have a small group of homeschool friends that we get together with each week. This past fall/winter, one of the things we worked on as a group was learning the Wordless Book. Each child made a book and a bracelet, learned the scriptures that went along with it, and practiced sharing the story. It's such a simple yet life-changing story. (Click here to read the Wordless Book Story)


Wordless Book Resources:

Here is a list of websites and printables that I came across that I'd thought I'd share.



-- We made our own Wordless books out of construction paper.

The Gospel Glove is another way to share the story

Lap-n- note pages by Jfeliciano @ www.hslaunch.com
Word-less book1

Wordless Book2

Green Page: Grow by Mozer

Verse cards by Mozer

A cool wordless book preschool poem on the Hayes Happenings blog.

When I was searching the web, I had never heard the wordless book song. I found this on Youtube:
The Wordless Book Song

I also found this resource after our class. I haven't heard the song, so I'm not sure if it is the same as above or different, but I thouht I'd list it as a resource.

The Scripture Lady Sings the GospelCD

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Hey there. Cool ideas! Happy Easter!

April 11, 2009 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Taryn @ Hayes Happenings said...

Hi M - sorry you missed our page before Easter. We had tons of fun - feel free to link away :) I've enjoyed reading your blog too - your photos are fantastic :)

April 14, 2009 at 1:56 AM  
Blogger www.ibuykorea.com said...

very nice blog.~~^^
do you know Seoul, Korea?
If not,visit my blog ^^
have a great day!

April 16, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home