Monday, April 6, 2009

Playing with Playdough





DD#3 is two years old. At two, she thinks she should be able to do everything the big kids do. So when we are working on school stuff, she wants to be right in the middle of it. Sometimes that is a good thing---other times it's not. In order to keep her busy, one of the older kids has Toddler Time with her. On this particular day it was DS's turn to have Toddler Time with DD#3. It was the first time he was given this particular task, and I have to admit, I did not have a pre-planned activity. That thought scared me, so I quickly went through my idea file (aka--my brain) and rummaged through my cabinets to see if I had all the stuff to make playdough. Yes! I actually had cream of tartar on hand! Not only that, the kids had talked me into buying Koolaid packets at Aldi the other day (I rarely let them have it), so not only could I make playdough, but I could make scented playdough! :) The playdough was a big hit. In fact, I had to keep reminding the older kids that they needed to share some with their younger sister. I will definetly be adding playdough activities on the list of stuff to do during the week. And I've kept my homemade playdough in the fridge for several months with no problems.

Scented Playdough
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and Kool-Aid® in a medium pot. Add water and oil. Stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes. When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove. Knead until smooth. Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate.

Even more playdough recipes

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger *Heather said...

Hey there! It was fun seeing your comment today! Goodness it's been awhile huh? I'm pretty out of touch with the general scrapbooking stuff and feel like that is so far behind me. I've done the business side of it for the last 4 years and am just finally taking a break. It's been good but time to just live my own life. We started homeschooling 2 years ago and I'm loving it. So is my little girl. So fun to see two worlds come together! ;) Bookmarking your blog too!

April 6, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home