Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Workbox System Here We Come!

One popular organizational system floating around on numerous homeschool message boards is the Workbox System by Sue Patrick. I am so glad that I'm not the only one who needs some help organizing their school day! I have so many great ideas but I get sidetracked, forget I have the items, forget to check their work etc. This system is a visible way to help the teacher and the student know what to do during their day.

Right now I am working on customizing this system to work with my family's needs. I've decided to go with the racks, just because I feel like my kids need the actual visual reminder of the boxes. I still need to go get the boxes and print a few more things out, but I hope to have it up and running in our household after Easter. I'll post more about it then.

Here's an article called Working the Workboxes which lists different set-ups, links to free workbox printables and more.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger *Heather said...

So cool that you are going to do this! I have to say that if someone would have told me that one simple shoe rack and 12 boxes would have changed so much for us so long ago I probably would have laughed at them! But now that we have been doing for 3 weeks now I can't imagine doing it any other way. We are getting so much done and it's just wonderful to have that accountability for me. We love it! Love your cards here too! :)

April 10, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger SeeWeGoGo said...

Hey there.... I don't know you, but I've been searching for other mama's who are new to the WorkBox System (I LOVE LOVE LOVE them) and while I was reading your blog, my 9 month old saw dd#2's picture, and gave the screen a kiss... after I wiped the SPIT off the screen, I had to write you and let you know about the little sweet thing. Your daughter must have a great spirit around her... My lil'one doesn't give smooches to just anyone!

Good luck with the Workboxes! Hopefully, I'll get to start posting our box success stories soon.

April 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

LOL JitterBug! That is so cute. Yes, she has spirit :) We are actually starting our workboxes tomorrow! I have them all ready to go.

April 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM  
Blogger Mom Guide said...

Love your Workbox Printables. Are they available online? I can't seem to find them.

August 11, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Really well done! Your kids are lucky, lucky!
Thanks for sharing :)

May 26, 2010 at 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home