Sunday, April 26, 2009

Toddler School 4/20-25

Sunday is recap day at the Tot School website. Click on the link above to see what others are doing.

I am so thankful for good friends and groups to learn with together. Most of the formal activities that we did this week, we did during our co-op group.

One of DD#3's favorite thing to do is dress-up. Whenever we go to our co-op group, she is in dress-up heaven! On this particular day she sported the fluffy bunny ears and the superhero cape.

Lil Sis even joined in the dress-up fun! She looks like she's ready for a showdown ;)

DD#3 has been interested in learning body parts. I tried to explain that we have a heart inside our body. She listened for several seconds, but had more fun talking into the stethoscope instead. :)
In our co-op group, the little ones do a few music activities each week. DD#3 absolutely loved using the different rhythm instruments. She did a pretty good job with those rhythm sticks! My friend does a great job working with them. We try to do something music-related each week at home too---even if it is just singing and marching to the beat. (I've posted some helpful music links at the bottom)
I thought about doing this transferring activity with her this week, but passed. The last time she scooped the dried peas into various containers, she had more fun intentionally missing the containers. Peas bouncing off the cookie tray all over the table and the floor fascinated her. I think she missed the point of the activity :) I may reconsider and add this in her workbox for this upcoming week since we'll have some nice weather. Now I know to move this activity outside.
~Maureen

Preschool Music Links






Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jolanthe said...

You've got some gorgeous kids (and pictures!!) there! :)

If you want to email me back, I can send you the link for the beads.

Jolanthe

April 26, 2009 at 8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! Music, dress-up and sensory activities. Preschool play at it's best!! Adoooooorable children! Thanks for inspiring me!

April 26, 2009 at 11:39 PM  
Blogger Veronica Lee said...

Thanks for following my blog. I'm following yours too and looking forward to more visits to your fab blog.

April 26, 2009 at 11:48 PM  
Blogger icefairy said...

Thank you for stopping by and following my blog. I'm returning the favor. Your kids are so adorable!

April 27, 2009 at 12:57 AM  
Blogger Golfersmom said...

Thanks for following my blog. I am following your as well. Your kids are so sweet. Look forward to reading your blog.

April 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Be still my heart! (no pun intended!)
The photo of the little hands on the stethescope is WOW! I love it!

Had the same issue with beans/peas/noodles, etc with my little guy. Out of doors was my thought too! {chuckling!}

April 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home