Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cloe's Virus Killing Soup


We've had some sniffly noses around the Spell household that just don't seem to want to stop dripping. And since the world seems to be talking about swine, I figured it wouldn't hurt to boost our immune system. You might be thinking, "Oh you're just one of those homeschool, health -food nuts!" I am sooo not there yet, but I find myself slowly creeping in that direction :)

I have to admit that I was out of my comfort-zone making this soup. I have never made homemade soup. I have never bought fresh garlic, rosemary or thyme. I had never seen a leek nor did I know what to do with it once I found one. I have never seen nor heard of a fennel bulb (I used some fennel seeds just in case that was close to the same thing?) I have never bought a head of cabbage, I had no idea what flat-leaf parsley was so I just bought what I could find and the veggies in this soup were more than I have ever eaten at one time. Yes, I live such a sheltered, unhealthy life... ;)

Finally after days of getting all the ingredients ready ---ok I'm exaggerating just a little---the soup was finally done! I have to admit that I felt pretty good about making something healthy for my family. I have been trying to create more things from scratch other than baked-goods---so this was a great accomplishment for me. I was very hesitant to post my photo---so sorry Cloe if this isn't what it is suppose to look like! LOL! (My family likes a thicker soup) And guess what---it was pretty good!

Oh what? You want the recipe? Well here you go: Cloe's Virus Killing Soup



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger BrnEyedGal said...

Looks pretty good...Im thinkin I may have to make some soup too! (Im not the greatest home cook in the world! LOL)
Hope it was yummy...

May 6, 2009 at 9:53 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Thank you for posting - I have most of the ingredients and we could use all the help we could get right now. Just finished off Katrina's curried soup tonight - so I will make this tomorrow (and you photo - it just makes me hungry) -s

May 7, 2009 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love home made corn soup! My mom used to make that every time someone got sick. Now When someone is sick her they ask for some soup. Thanks for sharing -- that looks great!

Happy Mothers Day!

May 9, 2009 at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home