Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Childhood Home

Over at Designer Digitals, the heritage challenge is to scrap your childhood home. I jumped in on the challenge because it forced me to scrap about me---which I don't do often enough. After living in the same house for almost 15 years, we moved (my mom had lived in that house for over 30 years). I found the newspaper ad that was used to sell our house and it brought back a flood of memories which I journaled about. I'm glad I took the time to create the page (though I do kind of resent the fact my childhood home memories are considered "heritage"---I'm not that old!--lol!)


If you are interested in learning more about creating digital layouts, my friend Pattie Knox, has a class open called More Mad Digital Skillz. Here's part of her class description:

In More Mad Digital Skillz, you’ll learn how to create torn edges on your photos and papers, how to insert photos into type, my method for digital dry embossing, and much more including making your own brushes, working with custom shapes, and creating depth and interest with texture. This class is designed for users of all versions of Photoshop Elements from Version 3 up to Version 7, and, when needed, instructions are included for users of the full version of Photoshop from Version CS up to Version CS4. Some familiarity with your software is needed—but not much!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

That is a great idea for a scrap page.

May 19, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

I am in awe over those that scrapbook- and to do it digitally! I've got to figure this out. Love the page, and what a fun idea to scrap your childhood home.

May 19, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful layout! I will have to post some of my digital scrapbook layouts. I love to do that and that lead to blog designs. TFS

May 19, 2009 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Great layout! I do like the look of digital scrapbooking, but I am not that familiar with my computer software:)

May 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Great page! You were so lucky to happen upon the sales flyer for your house. Sometimes, I think we you find photos that way, they catch you a little off guard and your feelings flow faster.

May 20, 2009 at 1:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Little something on my blog for you!

May 20, 2009 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you put up the link. I would have missed this picture of the Kanawha house where I lived for most of my first 39 years!!!! I forgot about the house under the stairs, neat to see from someone else's eyes.

June 2, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home