Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photography


I have a love/hate relationship with photography. I am totally inspired when I am able to capture a moment well (like finally getting some decent photos of DD#4!). The problem is that I am terribly picky and my photography skills don't live up to my "well" standard--lol (I'm working on relaxing on this a bit though). I have been dabbling with photography for about 6 years now. I have a Canon Digital Rebel XT and use Photoshop PSE 4.0 (yeah, I know a little archaic) to develop my photos. I love that I feel free to experiment more since going digital, but I find I rarely print my photos. A few years ago when I was still shooting film, my local developing place knew me by sight and would be waiting at the counter ready to hand off my photos to me.

Since moving and adding a couple more kids to the family, I put my photography on the back burner. I still took pictures, but I kind of stopped learning and challenging myself. Now I feel like I'm ready to jump back in and try to get my photography to the next level. I have no desire to go pro or anything like that, but I would like my great SOC (straight out of camera) ratio to be higher than it is (umm like I have to take a bunch of photos to get that really good one). Now that I'm ready to learn, I have found a great class by Katrina Kennedy over at Get It Scrapped! Her class is called: Captured Through the Lens and it starts on June 9. I'm looking forward to taking this class and know that I'm going to learn a thing or two. Let me know if you join and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds fun! I love to take pictures -- beside blog designing that is one of my favorite hobbies. Hope you learn alot, I'm learning to use the new photoshop and it is about to drive me crazy.

May 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Myra said...

I'll be there Mo! Can't wait to see you there!

May 21, 2009 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I noticed the button when I logged on. I'm like you ~ since going digital, fewer of my pics get printed, which doesn't bode well for my [handmade] scrapping. I don't mind taking a gazillion pics to get that *one* shot, though. I only get frustrated when those gazillion net -zero- LOL

All that said, I'm holding my breath - hoping my honey follows through on the indication he gave e that he might purchase me a new camera! I've my eye on the Rebel, and a Nikkon, both the new sDLR style. {drooling}

:D

May 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home