Friday, May 22, 2009

Fix It Fridays Using PSE 4.0

It is Fix It Fridays over at I Faces. Above is the original photo. Below are my fixes using PSE 4.0. See you can still do cool stuff with older versions of Photoshop! (Still crossing my fingers for CS4 someday ;) )


The first thing I did was crop the photo. I tend to like tighter cropped photos, so I wanted to get rid of some of that dead space on the top left of the photo. Next I did a couple of adjustment layers using levels. I wanted to brighten the photo up so and add a little depth. Next I ran Photoblast ContraPop. Did another levels adjustment layer, ran Photoblast Beauty Glow and then sharpened the eyes a little bit.

For the black and white photo I used the color photo adjustments listed previously and then ran Photoblast GoldenRod action.

Thanks Katarina for letting us play with your photo!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

Nice b/w conversion :). Thank you for linking up the actions you used!

May 22, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! I worked on mine but didn't post it.
Great job.

May 22, 2009 at 10:16 PM  
Blogger Katarina said...

Those are great! I love seeing what other people have done, especailly because I am still learning the basics of photo-editing.

May 23, 2009 at 2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful I love the glow. I need a program that can open eyes. My ds is forever closing his eyes in photos.

May 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I meant to inlude my name above.
MichelleL
www.homeschoolblogger.com/michellel

your blast buddy!

May 26, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home