Well this week was up and down for us. Monday was the only day that someone was not sick. On that day we went to our local animal shelter for a field trip. DD#3 loved seeing the dogs and cats. She especially enjoying hanging out with the cats. She let everyone know that she did not want to go home. :)
The rest of the week we had someone sick at our home, so we kind of winged-it. I'm so glad that I have toddler activities organized already, so it was easy to just pull out some things for her to work on. She has a couple favorite activities that she asks to do on a regular basis:
- Color. Oh she loves to color! In fact, I've had to make a special box of paper just for her to use so that she won't find other things to write on (like our school books).
- Glue. She really enjoys glueing punchies and cut-outs onto cardstock. I have a big pile of punchies already punched. I give her a small pile and she glues away.
- Cut. Usually after she's done glueing, she'll take scissors and cut her project up. That's ok. Building her fine motor skills. :)
- Drawing on a chalkboard. We have a portable chalkboard that she puts on the floor and draws on.
- Melissa and Doug Ballerina puzzle. This was her puzzle of the week.
- Spooning objects into an ice-cube tray. Lately she's enjoyed using the glass rocks. We've used mini-erasers, pom-poms and large beads too.
For more ideas be sure to check out:
Digital Scrapbooking Supplies:
Template No. 5 by Cathy Zielske --coming soon
It's Elementary by Lynn Grieveson
SpiralBoundNo.1 by Katie Pertiet
Pencil It In by Katie Pertiet
Krafty Ledger by Katie Pertiet
Vintage FlashAlpha No. 2 by Katie Pertiet
Splatters No. 2 by Katie Pertiet
Labels: toddler time