Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Scrapbook Layout: Play

Digital Scrapbooking


Supplies Used:
Sprinkles Kit by Mindy Terasaw
Classified Clippings by Pattie Knox
Play WordArt No.1 by Anna Aspnes
Brown Stitching by Anna Aspnes
Avalanche Paperie 5 by Anna Aspnes
Designer Digitals

It has been awhile since I've scrapped a layout from scratch. I've done a few pages here and there using quick pages and templates, but I haven't just done my own thing. Now it isn't bad to just use quick pages and templates--they are a wonderful resource for scrapping! In fact, if I didn't mix it up occasionally, I'd probably never get anything done. :) It's just that I haven't felt very creative lately when it comes to scrapping. Usually that is my thing---my medium to get my creative juices flowing. I miss being in the scrapping zone. So when I opened my window to start a new page, I was stuck(I'm digital scrapping so I'm talking about my computer window--lol). I've gone through this cycle many times through the years. Here are some things I've learned about getting your grove back:

1. Start simple. If you've hit a creative block, don't put pressure on yourself to create a masterpiece.

-Use a template or sketch as a starting point, but switch it up a bit. Twist it, shrink it, or alter it.
-Use one kit to create a layout. In my layout above, I decided to have all my pattern papers come from the same kit (that's rare for me--I'm usually an eclectic scrapper). That way I didn't have to make so many choices--like decide if the papers went together or not. When papers come in a kit, they usually go together.

2. Focus on either the photos or the journaling. I know that when I'm breaking out of a rut, it is hard to pull both the journaling and the photos together. I have found that if I focus on just one, then the layout comes together quicker. For instance, when I looked at the pictures I wanted to scrap, I could not think of anything intelligent, though-provoking, or insightful to write. I knew then that I would focus on the photos instead. Try a photo-treatment, extraction, blending, cool grouping etc. when focusing on photos.

Othertimes when looking at the photos a story or funny tid-bit comes to mind, so I focus on the story with the photo being secondary (the photo is still included, it's just that I don't spend alot of time being artsy or creative with it. I use my brain-power to work the words). Then when you get in the groove, you'll find that the words w/ the photos seem to flow.

3. Ummm, I had a 3rd point but now I can't remember... late night blogger brain.

Anyway, I hope my two points were helpful! :) Getting back in the groove...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Hickmon said...

Thanks for the tips!
Following from MBC! Can you please stop by our blog? http://ladybugsandtonkatrucks.blogspot.com/

October 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Love this layout, thanks for sharing!

May 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home