Monday, September 28, 2009

Raising Rock Stars

Raising Rock Stars



I'm always in awe of moms who can homeschool, run multiple websites, maintain daily posts and still think up creative ideas and themes! Carisa from 1+1+1=1 is one of those ladies I admire.

Recently she posted about an idea she had about being intentional and laying a solid Biblical foundation in the lives of her children so that they can "shine like stars" and stand on Christ the solid rock. I love the idea! We have been doing our own studies through the years, but it will be nice to see what others are doing and have a little accountability.

One thing that we have been doing in our local co-op is keeping a Faith Journal. Basically the kids write down prayer requests and then write the date the prayers were answered. Sometimes they also write down the answered prayers of others in the group too. I work with the Kindergarten/1st grade group. Since most of the have a harder time writing, I made up a sheet for their Faith Journals. They draw a picture of an answered prayer or something they are praying about. Then they either write a short sentence by themselves or with adult help. I thought that maybe someone else might find this sheet useful too.

Faith Journal printable- early elementary

Faith Journal Printable

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Carisa said...

LOVE it!! This is the kind of stuff I hope people will link up each week. I'm so excited to gather ideas in a similar fashion as the weekly Tot School gathering.

Thanks for emailing me!
;) Carisa

September 28, 2009 at 11:17 PM  
Blogger Ruthanne said...

Um, I've had the same thoughts so often ~ I wanna be a rock star too . . . I just don't wanna do the work. ;D

I would say you're a rock star, girl! You've got some mad creating skills.

September 29, 2009 at 7:55 AM  
Blogger Mama Jenn said...

Love the Faith Journal!!!

September 29, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home