Monday, September 21, 2009

Workbox Highlight: Active Activity Cards

workbox activity cardsI am still tweaking some things with our workboxes this year--trying to make it so that refilling and recording keeping go easier for me. Having a 2yr. old and a 1 yr. old sure makes for interesting school days. If I have the boxes completely set-up for the older 3, if one of the younger ones is really needing more of my attention, I'm able to give it and not feel like I'm dropping the ball with the others. Of course this is requiring me to be extremely organized and I'm not there yet--lol! So today I'm reworking something, printing, laminating, cleaning etc.

One of the things I really like about the workboxes is that I can plan extra activities, especially active activities into my kids' day. Before I would forget, or get distracted, but now I have some of those activities on their schedule cards. I wanted to showcase a set of cards that Candace Crabtree created on Homeschool Share that I think are a wonderful addition to our schedule.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Love these, snagging them for the next PE activities post on ABC & 123. Also wanted to let you know I put the apple activities that I asked you about earlier in Thursday's post on ABC. I don't know if I'll get around to posting them on my own blog but wanted to make sure people knew about them. So I put them in the thematic post. Hope that's okay too!

September 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hello. You are more then welcome to link our workbox idea from my blog(www.thereedfamily-blog.blogspot.com)
What a great website you have!

September 22, 2009 at 12:09 PM  
Blogger Confessions of a Homeschooler said...

Thanks, I LOVE these cards, my kids will think they are fun too! Do you just randomly put one in their boxes? Can I put a link to your post from my blog?

September 30, 2009 at 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Honey said...

Thank you for sharing the activity cards. They are awesome.

October 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wiggly nine year old thanks you.

October 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Katie from ABC&123: A Learning Cooperative said...

Hi There: Just added these to a post, currently slatted for Monday but seeing how there isn't much in there right now it might be rescheduled. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks in advance for sharing!

October 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found this post and can not download the cards. Is it still available? Thanks.

December 10, 2010 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Yes, they are available. The hosting site changed their links. Go to: http://www.homeschoolshare.com/workbox.php and scroll all the way to the end of the page.

December 10, 2010 at 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

December 12, 2010 at 1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home