Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Scripture Lady--Review



I first discovered the Scripture Lady when I was looking for resources to go along with a Wordless Book unit for toddlers/preschoolers. At the time I wasn't able to purchase any resources, but I did sign up for her newsletter, which is full of tips, game ideas and downloads.

Recently, the Scripture Lady asked for volunteers to review her curriculum. Of course I offered! I was able to hear her songs and check out her "Sing a Song and Play a Game" curriculum book. I will definitely be using it with my preschool co-op class.

Overview:
The curriculum is based on 10 songs that the Scripture Lady wrote and has 2 activities plus printables that go with the games. Geared for preschool/early elementary.

Songs:
I really liked the songs. We thought the songs were entertaining, easy to sing along with, and I love that they are based on scripture! The arrangements were fun and I found that I didn't mind listening to them over and over again either. They were easy to teach and remember. Nice quality sound and arrangements. I'll be adding some of her other CD's to my teaching toolbox.

Games:
I like that she included two options for each song. The games reinforced the concept/scripture taught in the song. They can easily been done with small groups and minimal preparation.

I love that I was able to get my young kids moving and learning the Word at the same time. The Scripture Lady is a wonderful resource for teaching the Bible in an active way.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home