Friday, August 28, 2009

Fix-It Fridays

fix it Friday How utterly sweet does this little girl look? I love the light green dress paired with the purple flowers and the orangish brick background. Loving the triadic color scheme! What a fun Fix-It-Friday photo!

At first glance this looked like an easy fix. There is a slight greenish color cast and the skin tone needs to be corrected. But for some reason, I have the hardest time correcting tan skin tones to make them look normal. My son has a similar coloring and I find that the adjustments I do either make his skin have a weird red tone or a blah yellow. I don't know if I'm explaining myself clearly, but I'd love some tips!

fix it black and white So here's my normal fix when I can't get the skin tones right---I convert to black and white. In this case it's called "chocolate".

using brushes And here's my corrected color version (as best as I could) paired with the black and white. I added some selective coloring, a beauty glow action and used some brushes from Designer Digitals.

Get some more tips and ideas from:

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger wenderful said...

Nice. I think the B&W background really works with this photo and I love the purple in the watermark.

August 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh! I love the last edit! I love the saying and the colors.

August 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger B said...

Your second edit is just stunning! I had a hard time with skin tones too....... but I really liked how yours turned out!

August 28, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger I Love Pictures said...

That last edit is amazing! great job!

August 28, 2009 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Juanita said...

Stopping by from SITS to say Happy Saturday! Love the pic, and your Blog!

Come visit - I love guests!!!

August 29, 2009 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Black & White is usually my quick fix, too. Although I don't have a lot of experience with photo-editing...For my graduation pictures, my sister took them with her plain old digital camera, and I did black and white because my skin tone is not the most even...They turned out really well! =)

August 29, 2009 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cute girl!

just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you;ll do the same.

August 29, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home