Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tot School Aug. 17-22

We are getting back into the swing of things with Tot school in the Spell household. I now have two tots enrolled! I still have to organize all the workbox and toddler activities that we have, so this week we kind of just pulled things out of the cabinet without much planning :)

DD#3 did some free-play with her farm magnet set. She also matched the pictures with the words (using the small picture on the word card---you know she's not reading yet :) ) and told me what each animal says.

Then she joined the older kids in illustrating Psalm 148. She glued flowers and colored. She really enjoyed gluing---almost too much! I had to take the bottle away and tell her she was done :)

Now I kind of forgot to plan something for DD#4. I quickly glanced around the room to see what I could find that would amuse her. I found my stash of plastic lids and a plastic cup. Viola! Cheap and easy activity.

The lids the perfect size for her. I didn't have to worry about her choking on them. I was very surprised to see how much she enjoyed putting them in the cup and then dumping them out.

For even more tot school ideas check out this week's round-up:


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger The Attached Mama said...

Aren't these unplanned activities fun? I am also not organized and just doing whatever I have at hand when the kids seem to get bored. It is very fun what we end up coming up with.

Thanks for posting!

Cathy aka The Attached Mama

August 24, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home