Friday, August 14, 2009

Fix-It Fridays #24 - using PSE

It is Fix-It Fridays over at I ♥ Faces. This week's photo is of this cute little guy. Here's what was said and some fixes from the contributors. I am learning so much from the tips that the contributors give each week. This week I kind of followed Andrea Riley's workflow, with some of my own modifications. I used PSE 4.0 for these fixes.


Ran Noiseware
Adjusted levels
Adjusted Reds
Did an adjust for skin tone layer using the hint by Andrea Riley
Ran Beauty Glow Action by Photoblast
Sharpened the eyes by selecting, using high-pass and then changing the blending mode to soft light. It looked a little bright in the catchlights so I lowered the opacity to make it more natural.
Ran Contra Pop Photoblast Action


Then I couldn't resist doing something scrappy with the photo.

Digital Supplies:
Sewn Statements No. 2 by Katie Pertiet
Samantha Rose Paper by Katie Pertiet
Stitching by Anna No. 2 Brown Anna Aspnes
Brad Bonanza by Pattie Knox

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Froh said...

Fabulous fix and love your embellishment :)
Jenny

August 14, 2009 at 7:05 AM  
Blogger Julia Spencer said...

Gorgeous fix!

August 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

You're my kind of girl. I always love to add something scrapbooky. I've done very little with digital scrapbooking (although I have tons of stuff). These FIF are usually the only time I get some practice with it. I think this turned out so nice. Your scrapbook elements are really neat. They fit with the picture perfectly. I'm thinking I need to try out some more of those Photoblast actions. I have the one for eyes, but that's it. I better leave before you tempt me into spending more money! :)

August 14, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger AJ said...

I love the scrappy one! Very nice fix :).

August 14, 2009 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea to do a scrapbooking theme around the photo.

August 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger I Love Pictures said...

I like the scrapbook edit. Very cute!

August 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know NOTHING about digital scrapbooking, but loved what you did with it. It does really suit the picture.

Thankfully, his skin isn't always that bad (that was a particularly bad reaction) or I'd do nothing BUT edit photos.

(Not that I'm embarrassed or ashamed of it, but I do like to at least touch up any pictures I'm going to post.)

I'm excited to try all the tips I've gleaned from this week's edits.

August 15, 2009 at 9:45 PM  
Blogger Nene Javier said...

good job!

August 16, 2009 at 8:54 PM  
Blogger Patti H said...

love what you did and the scrappers touch is just perfect!

August 20, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home