Saturday, September 19, 2009

Big Daddy Weave

Last weekend my friend and I took our daughters to their first concert. We drove to Kokomo IN to see Big Daddy Weave! I was looking forward to spending some individual time with my daughter, but was a little ambivalent about the concert. I really like Big Daddy Weave. I don't particularly enjoy being in huge crowds. I would have been just as happy to hear him sing on my car cd player as I would in person, but being at the actual concert doesn't happen every day. So I went for my daughter. Well I don't know why I wasn't excited! It was an awesome concert! It was held outside at a park, which just made it more personable, and I love that he wasn't just performing, but worshiping too. If you haven't heard of Big Daddy Weave before, you can hear some of his songs here: BDW Discography

Since the concert was out-of-town, we booked a hotel for the night. The girls had a blast! It is so nice that my good friend and I both have girls the same age, and that they are best friends. Our goal this year is to plan a couple intentional outings with our tween daughters to create memories with them and have opportunities to talk to them about growing up and growing deeper with God. What a fun weekend!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home