Monday, September 28, 2009

Wordless Book Nesting Cans & Song

Wordless Book

I had a couple questions about the song so my son helped me create this short video. Please excuse the singing--lol! See what I do for you all? ;)

I used a film cannister for the dark page, tomato sauce can, reg. soup can, large pork & bean can and then a big chicken broth can. I cut the paper to size and then ran it through my Xyron, which adds adhesive to the back of paper making it a sticker. I did find that burnishing the paper to the can helped the adhesive stick better (you can use a stylus or the back of a spoon to burnish the paper). If you don't have a Xyron, spray adhesive will work. Make sure you file any sharp points on the inside of the can so that no one cuts themselves.

Once done you can use more than one way:

--Tell the Wordless Book Story
--Sort objects according to color
--Practice arranging from smallest to largest and vice-versa, using the correct terminology (big, bigger, biggest etc.)

For more information on the Wordless book, check out my recent Wordless Book article.



I also created two more printables that could be used with the Wordless Book:

Jesus color-by-number
Jesus coloring page (for younger kids)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh this is wonderful love your page and love the cans too . . Press ON for Jesus Missi <><

April 10, 2010 at 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really love this one...thanks for sharing your creativity


God bless you more

April 11, 2010 at 6:23 AM  
Blogger Keya said...

I really like the song and the cans. I have never seen that before. I am going to use that when teaching mine and other children. Thanks for sharing!

April 9, 2011 at 1:52 PM  
Blogger Keya said...

I really like the cans and the song. I am going to use it when teaching my kids and other kids at church. Thanks for sharing!

April 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home