Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Raising Rock Stars

Raising Rock Stars

We're jumping on board the Rock Star train over at 1+1+1=1. Recently Carisa posted about an idea she had about being intentional about laying a solid Biblical foundation in the lives of her children so that they can " Shine like stars". So each week people will share what they have been doing at home to lay a biblical foundation in the lives of their children. I"m looking forward to gleaning ideas!

Each day we read our Bibles together. We read the passage we are working on memorizing (John 15:1-12) and then a couple key verses. This week we talked about pruning and how the Lord disciplines those he loves. That led into a great conversation on how it can be loving for a parent to discipline a child.

John 15:1


I am the vine

The older kids once again illustrated a couple of the verses. The two-year old glued leaves onto a vine picture.

t-shirt painting

My pre-teen had to decorate a t-shirt that glows in the dark for an upcoming youth event under blacklights. I figured this would be a fun activity for all the kids to do. We decided to decorate "Rock Star" t-shirts.


Bible t-shirts

And they really glow in the dark! (Please excuse the blurry picture---I didn't have a tripod handy and there is no way any of my kids sit that still for what the shutter needed)

glow in the dark shirt

They also wrote in their Faith Journals (here's an elementary version I made for our co-op: Faith Journal)

Click on the Rock Star link above to see what others are doing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carisa said...

I am so glad you are joining us, it's neat to see what everyone is doing!!! Love the shirts!!!

;) Carisa

October 6, 2009 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger meredith said...

Cute shirts! I bet they were so proud of them.

October 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home