Saturday, July 11, 2009

Eye Spy with my Little Eye


I haven't been scrapping as much as usual lately and sure miss doing it! It felt good to be in the zone and create a page. I did this page as part of Designer Digitals' Saturday Scraplift challenge. When I was thinking about which picture to use, I came across this photo of DD#3 and immediately knew that I wanted to do some sort of extraction with it. I usually don't do fancy stuff like that because it takes forever with PSE 4.0, but for once I actually had an idea of what to do before I started (Usually I'm a go-with-the-flow type of scrapper---never plan ahead and never know what my page is going to look like in the end). I even had to stretch the paper towel tube a little---boy I love Photoshop! :)


I'm always afraid to explain how I do certain digital techniques because quite frankly, I'm usually just winging it and find that I was doing it the hard way--lol. That's the thing about Photoshop---so many ways to do the same thing :) Also, I'm working w/ an older version which doesn't have the same functionality as the newer PSE versions. But if you are interested in learning how to do an extraction, check out this tutorial kit:

__________________________
Here are the supplies I used to create the Eye Spy layout:

All www.designerdigitals.com
Hinged Frames No. 2 by Katie Pertiet
Naturally Krafty No.7 by Katie Pertiet
OuterSpace Page Set by Anna Aspnes
12x12 Page fotoblendz No. 3 by Anna Aspnes
Distressed Toolset No. 1 by Anna Aspnes
Skribbles Arrows brush set by Anna Aspnes
12x12 Scratched Overlays No. 1 by Anna Aspnes
Felt Friends in the Woods by Pattie Knox
Staple Its by Pattie Knox
Recolor Stitches Vol.1 by Pattie Knox

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Juanita Harris said...

Wow, this looks great! It's fantastic! I have photoshop but I'm not very good with it. It always amazes me when I see people do really great work like this.

July 11, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I am using an ancient version of PSE and it can be hard to try and translate tutorials to mine edition. So learning is kind of slow going, I don't even know what an extraction is so I'll be sure to check that one out!

Unrelated but still about digital scrapbooking, do you ever run into the problem where the text become blurry when you flatten?

July 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM  
Blogger Alicia W. said...

You do such a great job. I love it.

July 13, 2009 at 8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home