Monday, July 18, 2011

Baby Play: Odds and Ends Bucket

8monthsJuly

Oh my, I can’t believe how fast Lil Pumpkin is growing! She is 8 1/2 months now, has a bunch of teeth and is getting around quite well. She’s not walking yet but is very close!

8monthsJuly2

I’ve been trying to do some intentional activities with her each day. Lately I’ve been focusing on different ways for her to explore various textures. She loves to crawl on the grass in the backyard.

 playing07_2011

So I gathered various odds and ends from our toy bin and put them in a bucket. I let her play with them outside.

2playing07_2011

She clearly had three favorite objects in the bucket. The homemade rattle (a jingle bell in a spice bottle with the lid glued on), the Bristle block, and the red ball from our Melissa and Doug Stacking tower. She is at the fun stage where you can see her learning---I love that! She shook that rattle for the longest time. Then she banged the red ball against the green bowl. And of course, she had to chew on everything!

3playing07_2011

My 2yr. old saw her sister playing with all these things and decided that was what she wanted to do too. So they both played together. Now any other time when these objects would have been left on the floor, they both wouldn’t have paid any attention to them. But grouping them in a “special” bucket made them seem extra fun. :)

aubsummer07_2011

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

JDaniel loves to put odd and ends into a basket and use them create new things. What fun!

July 18, 2011 at 1:58 PM  
Blogger Rachel E. said...

Adorable pictures of your daughter. I love that age of discovery. My youngest is almost 8 months. She loves to reach around for little things she finds on the carpet like fuzz or string.

July 18, 2011 at 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Meagan said...

She is beautiful! :)

July 19, 2011 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

oh my mama heart - ADORABLE !!

July 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

AWW SHE IS SOO CUTE AS USUAL!! Sending hugs!
Kelly K

July 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home