Thursday, July 14, 2011

If You Give a Cat a Cupcake

Rumor has it that today, July 14th, is Laura Numeroff’s birthday! So in honor of this special occasion I thought I’d share what we’ve done with one of our favorite books of hers--- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.

catcupcake If You Give a Cat a Cupcake by Laura Numeroff

Summary: A little girl gives a cat a cupcake, which makes the cat want to add sprinkles. From there a mess occurs and the girl and the cat have several adventures which end up with the cat being reminded of sprinkles and cupcakes. 

catcan

We made this cat out of a soup can! Isn’t it cute?

cupcakepoem

We used the cat along with a cupcake poem. We also used the cat for a counting game.  My daughter would roll a die and then “feed” the cat that amount of cupcakes.

cupcake4 We made our own paper cupcakes.

cupcakecraft1aAnd we made a water color cupcake version.

bakecupcakesWe had our own cupcake birthday party with our favorite cupcake and cookie toy set.

patterning   
We did some cupcake patterning with cupcake foam stickers and a cupcake pan.

playdough And made some playdough cupcakes too.

We played some of the games and activities from the cupcake unit made by 2 Teaching Mommies.

blogbirthdayMspell
Of course it would also be the perfect reason to bake and eat your own cupcakes too!  (For birthday printables and ideas check out what we did during my blog birthday bash. There’s a  cupcake and candles game and more!)

You can download the cat craft pattern and cupcake patterns under Letter C.  Harper Collins also has several book activity ideas and other printables on their site that go along with this book.

mouse For more Laura Numeroff book fun, see what Ana from Ingles 360 came up with for the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

Happy Birthday Laura Numeroff!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Fun ideas! I'm going to have to borrow some as I know my girls would love the book and the activities! Thank you!

July 14, 2011 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Analia said...

Thanks so much!I love your ideas for cupcakes!
Ana
www.ingles360.blogspot.com

July 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM  
Blogger April said...

I think feeding the cat the cupcakes is soo cute!

July 14, 2011 at 1:14 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

you always make me so hungry !!

July 14, 2011 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Annie Moffatt said...

The cupcake ideas is too precious!! I look forward to your awesome blog posts:)
Annie

July 14, 2011 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love all your cupcakes! I am glad you had a real one to eat too.

July 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

Thanks :) Sorry Stef, I can't seem to not blog about sweets lately! LOL!

July 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Meagan said...

Sounds like a fun day and a fun book :)

July 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home