Friday, April 8, 2011

Preschool Party Hat Craft

We had so much fun during our preschol birthday party. After playing with the birthday sensory bin, we made a party hat craft.

bdaycraftsupplies

Supplies:

Glitter Craft Foam cut in large triangles
Craft Foam self-adhesive stickers
Education Cube

bdaycraftsupplies2

The great thing about Education Cubes is that you can customize them. I printed out the blank inserts  and then placed the foam stickers on the insert. My goal was to work on shape recognition and size discrimination. So we had two cubes with inserts that contained two sizes for each shape.

Each student was given a small handful of the shape stickers. One student would roll the cube (we had two but only rolled one at a time), and whatever shape was on the top, that was the shape the student had to place on their hat.

bdaycraft2

They were so proud of their party-hat creations!  The kids enjoyed playing this game and having a project to take home at the end.

Speaking of Education Cubes, Jenn created a custom insert just for my party! This is available only to Education Cube members. It’s only $12 to join—no yearly fee! I’m also doing a giveaway for 2 memberships, so be sure to enter. :)

birthdaybashfavors

And have you been keeping up with all the free printable party-favors and discount codes? Check out my Birthday Bash Party Central page for all the links and information.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mama Jenn said...

Oooh, thanks for reminding me that I have not made shape insert cards for the Education Cubes! Will get to work on that this weekend for sure!!! Love that you were able to improvise with the blank cards! :-)

April 8, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home