Saturday, March 26, 2011

Toddler Activities: Tea and Trees

toddler activities: pouring

My 2yr. old loves her tea set. She actually filled up the tea pot with water herself. Then she poured everyone a cup. What a great, natural way to practice some practical life skills (and clean the floor at the same time ;)

toddler activities: rock transfer

These smooth rocks were used for another activity, but she asked to play with them. I gave her a bowl and a tray and she spent some time putting them in and out of the bowl (I love her little tongue sticking out!)

catch Picasso's Rooster

One of the books we read this week was Catch Picasso’s Rooster by Julie Appel and Amy Guglielmo. Both my 2yr. old and 4yr. old loved this book and asked to read it over and over. The book is a wonderful introduction to art for young children. The easy-to-repeat phrases and the fact that children can touch and feel an aspect of the artwork made this a perfect book for toddlers. There are more in this series and I am looking to add them to our collection.

toddler activities: painting

After reading so much about art, we decided to have an art day and experiment with different types of brushes and paint. I taped banner paper onto the table and let my 2yr. old try out different brushes(We used brushes similar to this brush set, except I found mine at Hobby Lobby.) We also did another painting project which will be in another blog post :)

toddler activities: planting a tree

The kids also helped Papa plant trees at his house.  This tree was planted especially for my 2yr. old and 4yr. old. This is a family tradition for each grandkid to help plant a special tree with Papa. I think this is a dwarf cherry tree, but I can’t remember for sure. The girls loved hanging out with their Papa.

These were some of the highlights of our week!

Linked up to:

Tot School Best toys for toddlers

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Those pictures are awesome! I clicked over from my reader to say that picture with her little tongue sticking out is so incredibly sweet. I love the concentration!

March 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

It always makes me smile when I see her sticking that tongue out while working :) Thanks for taking time to click over and leave me a comment Tara :) I appreciate it.

March 27, 2011 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Looks like a fun week! My little girl LOVE her tea set too. :)

March 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Elle Belles Bows said...

Just adore the tea pouring activity and the picture!

Great week!

Kerri

March 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Ah! Your DD filling the tea pot reminded me of my older DD who did that-often-when she knew no one would see her. So many messes LOL! I'll be on the look out for those bruses-they look fun!

March 29, 2011 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you had loads of fun! :)

Thanks for participating in High paw last week! Hope to see you there this week too! :)

April 1, 2011 at 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home