Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Play: Stack and Roll Cups

4momarch14_2011b

Lil Pumpkin is 4.5 months. She has just started to roll over from her tummy to her back and vice-versa. She’s starting to pay attention to the loving chaos around her (aka all her sisters and brother) and what they are doing. She especially likes to find things to chew on (I’m looking for some good wood teethers---any recommendations?)

4momarch14_2011c
She got a set of Stack and Roll Cups for Christmas, so I pulled them off the shelf and brought them out for some Baby Play today. At first I had her on the floor, but she was frustrated because she could not get the cups to her mouth.  I put her in her walker and she scooted those cups around on her tray and finally got one to her mouth.

4momarch14_2011d  
What she loved most was sending them flying off the edge of her tray. :)

4momarch14_2011 
I was surprised at how much she enjoyed just trying to grasp and move these cups around. My toddler and preschooler also had fun with the new toy. They made a rattle ball for Lil Pumpkin (there is a yellow ball that comes with the set), and they practiced putting the cups in order from biggest to smallest. I love when a toy can be used for multiple ages and more than one way.

What is your baby’s favorite toy or activity?

babyplay

 

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Carisa said...

Oh my word, i couldn't even read the post I was to busy trying to squeeze her cheeks!!!!

March 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Mozer said...

LOL! Yes, she has very pinchable cheeks :)

March 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger Jolanthe said...

TOO CUTE!!! :) I know...we're really helping answer the questions, but I just had to say it!

March 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I've never purchased from them, but have heard rave reviews of Little Sapling Toys wooden teethers. Once we know what we're having, I plan on ordering some...they even have an Africa shape!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlesaplingtoys

March 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger Jackie Higgins said...

We have the same stack and roll cups. My 14 month old still loves them... actually even my 2 year old loves them. It was perfect timing for your post bc I was doing rainbow activities with my older son today so it was a fun thing to get out for the baby and then let the older one put them in rainbow order later.
Ps. What a cutie pie.

March 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son loves those toys too, at 3 years old. We currently have them as tub toys, and he'll put together a circle, fill it with water, and watch it drain, or stack them in order.

March 17, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you were here! :) I appreciate you taking the time to write. If you have any questions, I'll try to answer it in the comments section here or via email if it is listed in your profile.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home